Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What I'm working on Wednesday...

I woke up this morning to snow.  Snow? Snow!  More snow.  I think that I am going to consider hibernation if we get any more.  This has been the coldest and snowiest (yup, just made THAT up) winter in about 30 years.  The kiddos are in complete cabin fever mode and are in desperate need of some quality outdoor time.  I have been trying to come up with activities and things to keep them busy, but there are days when nothing seems to work.  And with Livybug's basketball season in full force, we spend a lot of time in the car driving from Point A to Point B.  I needed something to keep the Peapod occupied in the bask seat.

We've tried coloring books and crayons, they spill all over.  And if you have a backseat like mine...once they spill you'll never find them in the abyss that once was the floor.  We've tried the electronics route, but there's no WIFI while driving and they always seem to die when you need them the most.  We've tried food and snacks, but again it adds to the never ending mess!  I decided we needed something...something simple. Something different!  Off to the Dollar Store I went.

I was on a mission... I went up and down, down and up every single aisle.  Finally after quite some time, I hatched a plan.  They had some nice looking picture frames in several different sizes. and right across from that was the school supplies.  Picture Frame + Markers= Wipe off boards.  (we learned that in Math class, right?)  So I made my big $2.00 purchase! ( I bought two)

Here's what I came up with:

One piece of scrapbook paper cut into an 8x10 size.
One Frame
One Wipe off marker


She couldn't wait to use it!




Here's our wipe off board on it's Maiden Voyage to a game.... Yay! For fast ideas and my scrapbook stash!  It's the simplest of things can can make us all happy.


What are your kiddos favorite car toys?